Aayla Secura Costume
I am in the process of clearing out my costumes that I know I won't be wearing again. (I'm 52 and fluffy now... there's no way I'm going to fit into these outfits anymore! :-D) There's no point in leaving them sitting in my costume tubs when someone out there might enjoy wearing them!
This has been one of my all-time favorite costumes, but I need to let it go because it's too small for me now. I have a lot of good memories in this one! I HIGHLY recommend using alcohol based body paint with this costume. I started out using water based paint, and it was terrible. It rubbed off quickly (and there are still some stains on the inside of the costume from the water based paint), and the paint sweated off that bare armpit every time. It was so frustrating! Then I discovered Reel Creations paint, and once I started using that all of my body paint problems went away!
I am 5'7" and was 135 pounds when I made this costume.
- Top made from a double layer of cotton fabric for stability. There is a velcro closure on the side with the bare arm to make it easier to put on the shirt after doing the body paint. Spots were painted with thickened fabric dye.
- Leather half vest with velcro closure on the side. (I used to put little pieces of stick-on velcro around the bottom edge of the vest to hold it in place against the shirt. I always swore that I was going to switch it out for sewn-on velcro or snaps, but I never did get around to doing that!)
- Leather belt with hanging straps on the sides.
- Front and back leather aprons. The back apron has a flap that hides the belt buckle. You open the flap, hang the apron over the belt in the back, and close the flap with the velcro. The front apron has hidden leather pockets on the back. I used them to carry my cards and money. I also added a little bag that I used to carry small items. It came in handy!
- Brown leggings dyed with the same dye as the shirt.
- Black tights to wear under the leggings to give smoother lines.
- Dark brown boots size 10. (I no longer have my lighter brown boots that had the decorative wrap around the ankle, sorry. I wore these boots much more often because they were far more comfortable!)
- Leather head wraps. This is in two parts - a solid piece that goes around the back and holds the ear cones, and a separate leather wrap that holds everything in place. It closes in the back with velcro.
- I am not sure if I still have the leather wraps that go around the lekku. If I can find them, I will include them.
- I am not sure if I still have the covertec belt clip seen in the pictures. If you would like it, let me know and I can check and see if it's still in my supply tub. I vaguely remember loaning it to someone and I'm not sure if they gave it back!
******** LIGHTSABER, LEKKU AND EAR CONES ARE NOT INCLUDED **********
(It was a latex headpiece that I no longer have, sorry!)